For centuries the good folk of Fairyland have lived in peace and harmony, all memory of evil wiped from their consciousness. Suddenly, one dark and stormy evening, a mysterious column of fire exploded from deep beneath the ground. Overnight peaceful Fairyland changed into a nightmare world, Massive cracks scarred the earth, floods destroyed villages, and famine devastated the countryside. Soon strange doors appeared in the ground -- those who entered were never seen again. Even worse, hideous monsters emerged from below the earth to terrorize the innocent inhabitants of Fairyland as these evil forces invaded the land. The people looked to a wise old oracle for advice on how to stop the madness. The oracle predicted that a young would come forward to search out the evil powers and destroy them. Now, you, Fairyland's only hope, must step forward and save the day.
Super Hydlide, a role play title, is Seismic's first game for the Genesis. To find the source of the evil that has been fallen Fairyland, you'll have to search far and wide for information and clues to the mystery, battle monsters, build up your experience and strength, and oven travel to far off lands.
Pick A Character, Any Character
To begin the game you select your character and pick one of four careers -- Warrior, Thief, Priest, or Monk. Each of the characters has different strengths and weaknesses.
ProTip: For example, the Thief is very strong but not trusted by the towns-people. When you go into the stores as the Thief, you'll find the prices are higher.
Once you step into the shoes of your chosen character you're ready to set chosen character you're ready to set off on your adventure. But first you'll have to absorb a few of the realities of life in Fairyland. For instance, just as in real life. Fairyland's days are 24 hours long. This means you о have to remember to eat at least two meals a day and yet a good night's sleep.
- You can buy food at the General Store to carry with you. If you're carrying food your character will automatically eat when necessary. But remember, the stronger your character the more food he can carry. If you try to carry too much, it really slows you down.
- Make sure to always carry at least 1.000 gold pieces so that when night comes you can retreat to the city to sleep at the Forest Inn. A room here costs 1.000 and is well worth the price. You'll awake refreshed, rejuvenated, and ready to go. Try to go without sleep and you'll find you lose all of your abilities slowly but surely.
As you move around the countryside, you'll have to increase your many abilities to handle all of the challenges you face on your quest. Vital Statistics to track include your Life Force, Magic Power, Attact Power, Agility, Experience, Armor Class, Health Status, Gold, Load Capacity, Current Weight, and Equipment. Strengthen these different areas by fighting monsters, collecting gold, buying more powerful weapons, discovering special items, and caring for your health.
- When you come to the "Music Door" (a sound check room), keep going in and out of the door. Every time you enter and exit you'll replenish some of your Life Force. You can repeat this procedure until you're at full force.
- Find the Money Changer! Your character can't carry all of the money he finds -- it slows him down too much. The Money Changer is located on a small peninsula along a river. Use it to turn your small change into larger value coins that are easier to carry.
- Work your way through the maze on the second floor of the tower. You'll find a treasure chest that holds a powerful Talisman. It's difficult to find and you'll grow tired searching for it, but holding it doubles your Attack Power.
- Keep a sharp eye on your Experience Points. In some role-play titles you automatically increase your experience level when you acquire enough points to advance a level. In Super Hydlide, you have to earn enough points, return to your home city, and then visit the monks at the Sacred Monastery.
- Early in the game the Sling is an excellent weapon. Even though it's the cheapest long-range weapon, the Sling is super fast to use as opposed to the more awkward, and much more expensive, bow and arrow.
- Buy a helmet as soon as possible! It really helps deflect those enemy shots!
- Every character can learn certain magic spells that give them special powers. Journey to the Wizard's Mansion and exchange Experience Points for spells.
Monsters, Morals, and Traps
Use your many abilities to battle fierce population of monsters that roam the land. Remember, however, that not all of the monsters are bad -- some are good. If you destroy the good monsters, you'll lose Morality Points! You'll also have to keep an eye out for the many dangerous traps set to catch the unwary traveler. Ranging from Electro Shock to Bomb to Hunger, these traps can really put a damper on your quest.
Fortunately, you can use the battery backup to save your game and a character and continue whenever you like. In fact, you can save up to four different games at once, so try different strategies with different characters for an entirely different adventure. Altogether Super Hydlide is a lively game that draws you into an epic adventure. You'll spend long hours unraveling the mystery of Fairylands plight, but you must! Fairyland needs you -- you've got to change those evil ways!
Super Hydlide DownloadsSuper Hydlide download
- Theme: RPG
- Players: 1
- Difficulty: Average
Once again the lands are under the threat of a great evil, and you are the only one that can go and defeat the enemy. Lots of weapons and a complex quest await you.
Super Hydlide is a fantasy action/adventure that couples a grand storyline with some spectacular 16-Bit graphics!
To complete your quest you must roam throughout the land, exploring castle mazes, speaking with locals, and fighting large Boss creatures.
The Genesis takes this involving adventure and throws in colorful landscapes, castles filled with hideous monsters, and loads to discover, uncover, and experience!