Humphrey the Astronaut has been captured by a crew of Zaks who hope to add him to their collection of galactic specimens. Humphrey may be somewhat of a stuffed shirt, but he's not about to let any Zakian taxidermists touch him. To avoid becoming a Zakian museum piece, Humphrey must make his way through eight levels of the Zak rocket ship in order to find an escape capsule.
Lost in a Maze
Each level of this one-player title is a maze-like collection of rooms filled with obstacles ranging from alien robots to mines to spiked floors. In each room, Humphrey must find the elevator that leads to the next floor. Here and there Humphrey can grab helpful special items-a Particle Disruptor, a Circuit Breaker, a Memory Interface Device, and Airtanks (which he needs in order to avoid breathing the poisonous Zakian atmosphere). The perspective of the game is 3-D, with gameplay similar to Solstice for the NES.
A Good Use of Space
Altered Space is a nice combo of adventure and puzzler-type action-an intriguing challenge for patient gamers. Great graphics, even if you'll go a little blind trying to see them. Just don't get too spaced out!
- To locate a special teleportation device on Level 1 follow these instructions. From the first mom go West, North, East, East, North, West, North, and East In the upper left hand comer of this room you'll find a secret door to another room that holds the teleportation device.
- Grab Airtanks whenever you can. They're the key to survival. In the very first room grab the box, pile it onto the box just barely visible at the rear of the room, and then jump to the top of the column and grab the tank!
- Humphrey's space suit is very fragile! Almost anything and everything makes the suit leak or explode!
- You won't find a memory interface until you reach the second level. In the meantime your best bet is to map each and every room!
Download Altered Space
- PC compatible
- Operating systems: Windows 10/Windows 8/Windows 7/2000/Vista/WinXP
Yikes! Humphrey, the peaceful hero of the story has been abducted by the evil aliens, the Zaks! The Zaks are traveling the universe collecting specimens of all intelligent lifeforms they come across. Thus, Humphrey found himself in the lowest level of an eight story spaceship. Unfortunately, the Zaks, being an alien race and all, don't breathe normal air like Humphrey does. They some weird green mist which is lethal to him! Luckily, he has his air tanks and can fill them periodically with the spare tanks lying throughout the ship. No air means no Humphrey! After examining his surroundings, Humphrey decides to make a break for the escape pod stored in the highest level of the ship. In order to get there, he must traverse wide expanses of spikes and drops, as well as avoid his captors, the Zaks, and their servant droids! Each level forms a veritable labyrinth of challenges that only Humphrey can solve.
Humphrey's main danger is touching any sharp objects, because they will puncture his space suit, creating a lethal air leak! All of the droids except service droids have sharp edges that can damage his suit, and the Zaks themselves are merciless if they catch him. Can you guide Humphrey through each taxing stage? Or will Humphrey never see his beloved planet again?