Ultimate Tiger (Kyuukyou Tiger)
The steady, muffled whir of your chopper's blades drones in your ears as you hover ever closer to the giant battleship. Suddenly, enemy choppers come blazing across the horizon, determined to blast you out of the sky. You zoom in for the kill, guns blazing, and let loose with a scatter bomb. Bulls eye! The bomb disarms the enemy battleship and takes out more than a few enemy copters too.
Slip into the cockpit of the ultimate attack chopper for one of the best shoot-em-up battles around. In this game, more familiar to U.S. gamers as Twin Cobra, you pilot a heavily armed helicopter over vertically scrolling, highly-detailed scenery. The action is fast and furious as you fly over a landscape littered with enemy tanks, anti-aircraft cannons, enemy choppers, and battleships -- all on a suicide mission to blast you out of the skies for good.
Ten To One Odds
To finish the game, you'll have to successfully complete ten grueling missions over land and sea. Dogfight with enemy aircraft, including giant planes and hordes of determined choppers. From below, enemy forces, including tanks, anti-aircraft cannons, and gun turrets, try to destroy you.
- Shoot at the enemy landscape to reveal hidden stars. Collect these and hold onto them without being destroyed, and you'll earn bonus points at the end of each mission. Stars are often hidden on the bridge of enemy battleships and in gun turrets as well as small enemy gun emplacements on land.
- If you pick up and hold onto lots of bonus stars, you'll start to reveal hidden 1-Ups.
Armed Тo the Teeth
Your chopper is well-equipped for the missions that lie ahead of you. Yow begin the first mission armed with a Red Multi-Missile weapon and three Napalm Bombs. As you battle through the various missions, you can power-up your chopper and select different weapons by destroying the large enemy command copters. When you blast the command choppers, they release a weapon power-up, a bomb pod, or a color-changing sphere that enables you to select four different color weapons-the Red Multi-Missile, the Green Laser Cannons, the Blue Spread Shots, and the Yellow Multi-Directional Bazooka.
- Keep grabbing weapon power-ups until your weapon of choice makes up to full power.
- As in the arcade version of this game, the Blue Spread Shot at full power is the best overall weapon.
- Save your Bombs for the toughest areas of each mission. Your simply is limited, and when you use them you lose them! Replenish your bomb supply by grabbing the Bomb Pods that appear occasionally when you destroy command choppers.
Tank You Very Much
During each mission, you'll have to go head to head in a shoot out with one or more huge enemy boss tanks. Destroy these enemy bosses with a combination of bombs and maxed-up weapon fire.
You can easily destroy the first giant tank by quickly dropping a bomb on it and then charging and rapidly firing the Blue Spread-Shot.
Ultimate Tiger features the shoot-em-up fan's ultimate dream-smooth scrolling action with virtually no flicker or slow-down. It's an intense challenge with great graphics and stereo soundtracks.