Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms
|a game by||IDEA FACTORY|
|Editor Rating:||9/10, based on 1 review|
|User Rating:||9.0/10 - 2 votes|
|Rate this game:|
|See also:||Anime Games, Visual Novel|
Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms is a story-based otome video game that’s part of the Hakuoki visual novel series. It’s a dramatic game, offering multiple narrative choices and branching storylines for players to explore. If you like games where your actions truly do have consequences and influence the overarching story, then be sure to check out Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms.
The story of Chizuru Yukimura
In the game, you play as a young woman named Chizuru Yukimura who fights alongside the brave warriors of the Shinsengumi, an elite police force that was once present in Japan. The story follows on from the gripping events of Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds, so be sure to play that first if you want to understand and immerse yourself in the world of Hakuoki completely.
If you’re still desperate for more even after completing both games, consider checking out other similar visual novels like Bakumatsu Shinsengumi or Era of Samurai Code of Love.
Because Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms features multiple branching storylines, not everyone that plays the game will end up with the exact same ending. I won't spoil anything but rest assured that whatever path you choose to take will be engaging and full of surprises right to the end. You never know what kinds of dramatic events are waiting just around the corner. Be prepared to laugh, and be prepared to cry because the story can and will get emotional at times.
Like many otome games, Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms offers various romance options throughout the story. There are 12 bachelors to choose from, each with their own unique personalities and storylines. You’ll likely fall in love with certain characters right off the bat, but with others, it may take some time before they make their way into your heart.
Because there are so many different choices when it comes to love in this game, it’s very replayable. So, if you enjoy your first playthrough, it’s worth playing the whole game again just to see what else could happen.
Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms is a fantastic ending to the two-part series that started with Hakuouki: Kyoto Winds. The storytelling is amazing, the characters are loveable, and the artwork and music really bring everything together into one complete package. I'd highly recommend downloading Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms and giving it a shot as it has everything you could ever want out of an otome game.
- The game offers a lot of replayability with its multiple branching storylines and roughly 30 different endings
- The artwork is gorgeous, and the soundtrack is beautifully done
- All of the bachelors have intriguing personalities, so there's bound to be at least one that you like
- Edo Blossoms is heavily story-based and plays like a visual novel, so if you’re looking for fast-paced action then you’ll be disappointed
- You might be missing some context in the story if you haven’t played the previous game in the series
- There are some grammatical and spelling errors throughout the game, but nothing major
Download Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms
- PC compatible
- Operating systems: Windows 10/Windows 8/Windows 7/2000/Vista/WinXP