|a game by||Kamichichi|
|Editor Rating:||8/10, based on 1 review|
|User Rating:||10.0/10 - 2 votes|
|Rate this game:|
|See also:||RPGs, Eroge Download, Download Anime Games, Best Indie Games, Download Hentai Games, Cyberpunk Games, Manga Games|
It is the year 2200. After an intense period of suffering and strife known as World War III, the many citizens of the remaining population choose to become “Roids”, or an advanced kind of cyborg rather than remain human. What happens to the human race when so much humanity is lost? How can society thrive when social inequality reaches a breaking point? These are the questions at the core of Apostle: Rebellion
This turn-based, sci-fi RPG is from developer kamichichi and publisher Kagura Games. In it, you’ll play as a party of interesting characters with unique backgrounds and personalities. If Apostle: Rebellion sounds like your next sci-fi adventure, then here is everything you need to know about this great game.
An Interesting Cast
In Apostle: Rebellion, you’ll meet Tsuguri Yaguma, the game’s main protagonist. He is a new resistance member who is bent on discovering the truth behind his brother’s death. Joining him is a group of powerful women:
- Miyabi Hanazono: the team’s mechanic and avid manga reader
- Amelia Henderson: a kind person who goes out of her way to help others; the team’s medic
- Chloe Kelly: A singer who draws men to her unknowingly
- Fugune Serizawa: A fighter who keeps to herself but has aspirations of having her own family
- Lee Ai Lin: clearly inspired by Street Fighter’s Chun-Li; joined the group to get closer to Tsurugi
These women are beautiful, but they are not just there for “eye candy”. These are fleshed-out characters with motivations and goals that they will achieve over the course of the story.
Form Powerful Bonds
Each character has a deeply personal story that will be revealed to you as the game progresses, and as you spend more time with these characters individually. The closer the group becomes, the better they will perform in combat.
This system is overall very similar to how stories and relationships are formed in the Persona games. Spending time with characters will reward you with knowledge and buffs in battle. And, the more you feel for these characters, the more you’ll fight to keep them alive.
Apostle: Rebellion takes place in the cyberpunk city of Neo-Eden, a vast area that is made up of people of all kinds. Everything from the architecture to the experiences you can have in the city are inspired by many different cultures, all blended up and displayed in one place.
The explorable area is presented to players in 2D, but don’t let that apparent simplicity fool you. Neo-Eden has plenty of things to do, and back alleys to explore for goods and secrets. You never know what you might find around the next corner, but you should always be ready for a fight regardless.
- Attractive 2D art with detailed sprite work
- Interesting characters that don’t feel like cardboard cut-outs
- Intense turn-based combat that is highly tactical and satisfying
- The visuals might not be enticing for all gamers
- Extreme difficulty spikes in combat
- A few scenes that contain cringe dialogue
- Quite a few anime cliches
Download Apostle: Rebellion
- PC compatible
- Operating systems: Windows 10/Windows 8/Windows 7/2000/Vista/WinXP