Triple Play '97
Welcome to the big leagues. Triple Play '97 steps up to the plate and smashes a homer in powerful Babe Ruth form. Everything you love about baseball is in this game, and the pure sights and sounds from the ballpark make you feel like you're living-not just playing-the experience.
The Diamond King
Triple Play offers all the realism you can ask for...then gives you even more. You get every Major League team, more than 700 authentic players updated through opening day 1996, and enost eye-catching, jaw-dropping stadiums you've seen to date on the 32-bit platform. There five game modes, including Exhibition, Playoffs, and Series, along with three skill levels, trades, drafts, and the ability to create players.
Speed bursts, jumping to take away home runs, and dnJtng for liners provide players with all the moves, but some of the controls are a little problematic. Ever pitcher can throw ten pitches, bu there's no onscreen-targeting cursor, and you haveno control over a pitch.
The controls are also a little off whetryou're running the Bases, mainly because they're far too complex, especially when you're handling multiple runners. Although you get used to the many button presses, you're still prone to miscues.
Remarkable flybys of each stadium will leave you reminiscing about glory days and hot dogs. The motion-captured animations are impressive, and the physics of play, like the ball spin and wind drift, are incredibly lifelike. Players run smoothly on gorgeous green fields, and, for the first time, outfielders actually collide if they blindly chase a fly ball.
The sound sucks you in with catchy, hand-clapping PA music, roaring crowds, and a timely announcer who calls the play-by-play, including each player's name. You can even hear the difference between a home run and a grounder in the crack of the bat. When key situations arise, a fan calls out from the distance, "Go for it!"
Deja Vu All Over Again
As the 32-bit baseball season begins, EA Sports is back on top with the best baseball simulation so far. It not only captures every stat for the fanatic, but provides frenzied fun for even the casual sports gamer. You don't need Albert Belle to smack you in the head to know Triple Play '97 is the ruler of diamonds.
- Change speeds often fo get the hatter out in front and off balance.
- If you're being pitched inside a lot, open up your stance a little and yank the ball down the line.
- Pilch baiters on the outside part of the plate, and when thev sum, move the ball beyond their reach.
- If your team lacks a good player at a key position, use the create-a-plaver option to fill the hole.
- Get to know each player's real-life attributes so you know how to use them successfully in the game.
- Timing is the most important part of making di\ing catches. The more you attempt, the better you'll get.
Download Triple Play '97
- PC compatible
- Operating systems: Windows 10/Windows 8/Windows 7/2000/Vista/WinXP