You are a Bloody Wolf! (No, this isn't cruelty to animals!) in fact being a Bloody Wolf is a great honor, really! As a B.W., you are part of one of the military's finest special missions personnel. Sly and cunning like the wolf, no one escapes you when you're onto their scent. O.K, now that we've got that cleared up, the name sounds pretty cool, eh? Alright, back to business.
As the story goes, the government is faced with a whopper of a problem! A problem too big for even the hot-shot G-men to handle. (Here's where you come in.) Somehow the president has slipped through protective barriers and is now in the hands of a hostile, militant force. Ooops! Now a very embarrassed government waits helplessly in the wings while you, the Bloody Wolf, go out and single-handedly (one-player game) rescue him, preferably in one piece! What would they do without you?
Hungry Like The Wolf
You're armed with a machine gun and a handful of grenades, but strategy is the name of the game if you're going to survive these eight levels of non-stop military madness. Your mission begins in enemy camp territory, choc-a-bloc with trucks and barbed wire as well as a constant shower of unfriendly grenade and gunfire. Get a handle on your moves early on and you'll be in good shape to burn through the first four levels. You've got a powerful jump, so use it to your advantage by soaring over a seemingly endless forest of barb-wire coils as well as occasional bone-crushing, runaway logs.
Howling at the Moon
If you thought the hunters were out for the wolf in the first four levels, just you wait. After risking life and limb to rescue the president along with countless other hostages, you discover that the chopper can only manage one more passenger safely. Well now, between you and Mr. Prez, guess who's gonna lose the coin toss? Just to add to your woes, as the rescue chopper takes off, you turn around only to discover about 50 enemy soldiers breathing down your neck. Gulp! The only consolation-you're taken alive. What next you ask? Well, here comes a real switch-O-change-O!
Thorn in the Paw
Now, you get to take on the role of a fellow Bloody Wolf, trek through more treacherous terrain, and rescue yourself, or at least who you used to be. PS., you will eventually switch back to your original character to battle it out with the last of the Big Bosses.
Whew! This new lead blaster for the TurboGrafx has enough action to leave even the most anxious fingers tired and cramped. Eye pleasing graphics and catchy level-tunes only add to this up and coming must-see from NEC. Hello Mr. President!
- Take time out ton a stnoll through the forest. Don't forget to climb the trees, they'll hold more than a stray kite in their branches.
- Use gunfire to destroy the soldiers guarding the caves. Grenades are too powerful and will destroy everything inside the cave, hostages and power-up weapons included.
- To avoid potentially fatal hits in Level Seven; plant yourself under the right-hand corner of the Gun boat (big boss) and cut loose with rapid fire. This should allow you to get in enough hard blows to destroy the boat, while allowing you enough time to maneuver around any stray bullets.
- Leave no stones unturned! (Especially in level three!} In other words, check all doors and cave entrances. Many of them contain valuable weapon power-ups, food, medicine, and most importantly hostages, some of whom have valuable information to share.
- At the end of level one, destroy the big boss's missiles by firing directly at them as they glide through the water. This will save you from literally losing the ground you stand on as the missiles take out huge chunks of the river bank.
Download Bloody Wolf
- PC compatible
- Operating systems: Windows 10/Windows 8/Windows 7/2000/Vista/WinXP
If a shooting game with graphic/text screens, multiple weapons and eight different levels of play sounds good to you, then check out NEC's new Bloody Wolf. Wolf uses some familiar themes from games like Commando, and wraps them together within a nice 16-Bit package complete with a "Rescue the President" mission!
The President Has Been Kidnapped By a Ruthless General in South America After His Plane Goes Down. Use Your Skills As An Elite Member of the "Bloody Wolf," a Highly Trained Special Combat Team, to Fight Your Way Through the Thick Jungles Before Reaching the Enemy Stronghold. You'll Have to Be At Your Combat Best If You Want to Free The President and Take Out the Mad General.