Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures
|a game by||Telltale, Inc|
|User Rating:||8.7/10 - 3 votes|
|Rate this game:|
|See also:||Text Adventure, Wallace & Gromit|
A Telltale Game featuring Wallace and Gromit is so bleedingly obvious you wonder why it hasn't already happened.
You've got your comedic two main characters, the puzzling nature of Wallace's clever contraptions, the basic "bizarre problem, off-kilter solution, comedy twist" recipe of the shorts, the wacky populations of the Aardman hivemind - the TV show is as close to a point-and-click as TV gets. Besides, of course, Jonathan Creek.
So we loudly exclaimed shouts of glee when we heard that Telltale would be releasing a series of episodic adventures about the Lancastrian inventor and his unnaturally smart hound. And when these exclusive shots from the game appeared in our inbox, it called for a round of celebratory Wensleydale.
Wallace and Gromit's contraptions -designed to carry out the most mundane of tasks - are puzzles in themselves, and often deed to be repaired or built.
This squirrel steals your toast until you stop him. But Wallace doesn't mind a squirrel pawing his toast though. After all, his dog is frying the eggs.
In their efforts to recreate the look and feel of Aardman's stop-motion classics, Telltale have taken special care to texture the characters with clumsily placed thumbprints and nicks.
Wallace's neighbour Veteran Crum still reckons he's in the war, just like The Colonel from Dennis the Menace. The humour here is spot on, thanks to Private Eye writer Tristan Davies, whose brief was to match the tone of the shorts as closely as possible. He's succeeded.
I Can't Believe It's Not...
Peter Sallis won't get out of bed for less than a sponge bath and a ready meal these days, so Telltale called in the official back-up actor for Wallace. You know, the bloke who did his voice on that rubbish novelty alarm clock you got for Christmas.
New characters have been conjured up, and each one's approved by Aardman Animations. Next-door neighbour Felicity will feature in each episode, and sports a lovely pearl necklace.
Download Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures
- PC compatible
- Operating systems: Windows 10/Windows 8/Windows 7/2000/Vista/WinXP
Snapshots and Media
- Bone: Out from Boneville
- Dangerous High School Girls In Trouble
- Max & The Magic Marker
- Sam & Max Episode 2.05: What's New, Beelzebub?
- Sam & Max: Season Two - Chariots of the Dogs
- Strong Bads Cool Game For Attractive People
- Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People: Season Pass
- Tales of Monkey Island 2: The Siege of Spinner Cay
- Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 3 - Lair of the Leviathan
- Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 4 - The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood
- Wallace & Gromit in Fright of the Bumblebees
- Wallace & Gromit in The Last Resort
- Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures Episode 4: The Bogey Man