|a game by||Data East|
|Editor Rating:||8.2/10, based on 6 reviews|
|User Rating:||7.5/10 - 11 votes|
|Rate this game:|
|See also:||Contra Games, Shoot-Them-Up|
Based on the popular Data East coin-op, this Heavy Barrel sequel offers more of the great shoot-em-up action found in the original. Now with 16 bit graphics and a full 8 meg, MR takes shooters to new heights. Your mission this time is to save your family who have been kidnapped by alien mutants. The irony of this problem, is that the mutants were accidentally created by your grandfather! Save the planet!
This is the closest thing to Contra that I've seen available for the Sega machine. The multi-scrolling action and shooting that this sequel to Heavy Barrel offers is mind blowing in some difficulty in control tempers what would otherwise be a near-perfect action title.
This is a great example of what 8 meg can do to a shooter. The game has depth, good player control, spectacular graphics and a wide variety of different levels.Throw in a constant stream of enemy to keep you busy. Similar to Contra but with a 16 bit upgrade.
This is exactly the kind of game the Genesis needs. Superb game play and outstanding graphics make it one of the best games for the Genesis. Awesome weapons and great end bosses. Two things I don't like are the absence of a 2 player mode and the game is way too easy.
Midnight Resistance is awesome! The super-powered weapons blow me away, and the backgrounds are incredible! The worst part about Midnight Resistance is that it's too easy! Come guys, this game was much harder in the arcade, and challenging. Still, it's a great game.
Download Midnight Resistance
- PC compatible
- Operating systems: Windows 10/Windows 8/Windows 7/2000/Vista/WinXP
- Game modes: Single game mode
- Up, Down, Left, Right - Arrow keys
- Start - Enter (Pause, Menu select, Skip intro, Inventory)
- "A" Gamepad button - Ctrl (usually Jump or Change weapon)
- "B" button - Space (Jump, Fire, Menu select)
- "C" button - Left Shift (Item select)
Use the F12 key to toggle mouse capture / release when using the mouse as a controller.
One of the best arcade shooters is coming out on the both the Mega Drive and Genesis! Data East is doing the soft here in the states. Spectacular graphics, huge enemy bosses and intense game play will make this a hit!
- Manufacturer: Data East
Rambo fans will love this military contest filled with lots of fighting, explosions and powerful weaponry.
- Machine: Sega CD.
- Manufacturer: by Sega.
Searing missiles, big explosions, a fast-paced jeep chase, chopper to chopper battles and gunning down enemy soldiers on foot may sound like lone helluva game. The only thing wrong with Midnight Raiders is you don't get to do these things, only watch them.
You're Joker - the bold, brash rookie gunner - and you're the only hope Operation Midnight has of surviving. Stryker is the veteran pilot without much patience for a rookie gunner like yourself, and Sparks is the beautiful young pilot who won't give you a break. At the base is Col. Grimsby, the father-figure commander who cares about his men, and Adams - the cigar-eating bureaucrat who stops at nothing to get this mission completed. All together they are the Midnight Raiders, and whatever plot this interactive game has lies in their weak dialogue.
The game starts off with you shooting down enemy choppers and torching their tanks, then you get dropped off at the chemical plant where you take to your feet for some gunplay, and finally you race away from the exploding plant in a jeep driven by that daring, darling, but untouchable Sparks.
The first time through, Midnight Raiders is exciting and funny (not on purpose, but funny nonetheless), but after blasting your way through the video sequences one time there is little, if any, fun left.
Tomcat Alley fans are gonna love this movie - I mean game, but unless you'd rather watch instead of playing games, I wouldn't raid any stores for a copy.
- Levels: 9
- Theme: Action
- Players: 1
- Difficulty: Average
A hardly-seen arcade game, MR has all new controls that allow you to fire eight different ways! There are large amounts of different enemies to kill as you try to save the Earth from utter doom.
RESCUE YOUR FAMILY FROM THE MUTANT SCUM!
Your grandfather has been conducting experiments on an alien life form he found on the moon. The creature seemed dormant at first but then it suddenly went haywire and destroyed his lab. The organism mutated, transformed an entire city's population into a hideous mutant army, and kidnapped your entire family. Now it's up to you to rescue your relatives and rid the world of this alien menace. Use your guerrilla warfare skills and an arsenal of awesome weapons to put an end to this chaos. Don't get any mutant guts on you.
- Level 1 This is where the battle begins, your partner drops you off at the front lines to the mutant headquarters. You will be confronted by many foot soldiers so collect the keys they drop. Watch out for the huge tank boss!
- Level 2 The mutants set a decoy entrance for you. Now you must survive this intense defensive zone to get to the real entrance. Crawl through the base and destroy the missile launcher with the fire weapon.
- Level 3 Now you're back outside the base again and must progress through this extremely well guarded area . Hop onto the platforms for a ride to the top where you face a giant saw-machine with an attitude problem.
- Level 4 Cross the wooden bridge that goes through the waterfalls to get the secret rear entrance to the mutant HQ. Get ready to battle a entire armada of deadly stealth bombers before entering the massive mutant base.