The Lucky Dime Caper - Starring Donald Duck
|a game by||Sega|
|Platforms:||Sega Master System, GameGear|
|Editor Rating:||5/10, based on 1 review, 2 reviews are shown|
|User Rating:||7.0/10 - 2 votes|
|Rate this game:|
|See also:||Donald Duck Games|
It's Huey, Dewey and Louie's birthday and Uncle Scrooge has given each of them one of his lucky dimes. But in the middle of the birthday celebration, Magica De Spell, evil sorceress and the bane of Uncle Scrooge's existence, snatches the boys and the dimes. Now it's up to that birdbrain Donald to get his nephews and Uncle Scrooge's lucky dimes back.
On a Wing and a Prayer
Donald searches for his nephews far and wide, through six different lands each with it's own bad boss at the end. In each of the first three lands, which Donald can tackle in any order, he finds one of the lost nephews. Once he gets the boys back under his wing, he can search the remaining three lands for the lost dimes. His ending battle is with the evil Magica for the last and final dime.
Not just another fly-by-night adventure, this horizontally and vertically scrolling title features sharp Disney graphics and gameplay reminiscent of previous Disney video titles, such as DuckTales. As Donald waddles along, he uses a giant Hammer or a Flying Disk to whack the bad guys, but he can also hop on their heads. Those webbed feet are deadly. By land or by sea, Donald's some duck. He climbs trees, mountains, and even takes a dip or two, a chance to show off his swimming prowess.
Donald can take three hits fa each life. He can snag 1-Ups, and use endless continues. Even so, this title is tougher than the average Game Gear offering. Fortunately, power-ups sometimes appear when Donald trashes the bad guys. In addition to Hammers and Flying Disks, our birdbrained friend can also snag Stars to up his life bar and assorted Gems to score big.
A Rare Bird
Now don't quack up. The Lucky Dime Caper is above-average Game Gear fare. Hop and bop gamers will enjoy the marioesque gameplay, tougher and longer than some of the previous Game Gear carts. Cutesy graphics have that timeless Disney charm, and Donald's always a "quazy" character, especially when he's blowing his lid. What else is there to say - the Lucky Dime Caper is just ducky!
PROTIP: You have to whack the Spiders in the Northern Woods twice to finish them off.
- In The Andes Mountains, power-up your character by standing next to the blocks where the bear with the bat pops out over and over. Keep whacking the bears as they appear until you've got three stars and the weapon you like. You can repeat this procedure at the second bear block later in the level.
- Back off from beehives in the Northern Woods. They'll drop to the ground and explode. Only then can you pass safely by.
- You'll find two 1-Ups high in the trees above the Northern Woods. And by the way, even if you're on the branch below the 1-Up or another power-up, a good leap usually snags you the goody.
- There's a 1-Up high in the third tree in the Great American Woods, and in the second tree past the first swimming area.
- Defeat the bear boss at the end of the Northern Woods by running towards him and whacking him in his stomach with a Hammer as fast as you can.
Download The Lucky Dime Caper - Starring Donald Duck
Sega Master System
Sega increases its Master System series with a Donald Duck adventure. You play the part of Donald and your nephews have been captured by Magical Dispell. She is holding them captive in order to get at Uncle Scrooge's money. Also, when Magi-ca Dispell grabbed Huey, Dewey and Louie, she also stole Uncle Scrooge's lucky dime. Without this dime Uncle Scrooge's fortune is sure to go down the drain. Donald is the only one that can help out Scrooge Mcduck and save Huey, Dewey, and Louie. In the process you must also stop Magical Dispell from becoming the Richest Duck in Duckburg! Go to it Donald!