|a game by||Team SOHO|
|Editor Rating:||7.5/10, based on 1 review|
|User Rating:||9.0/10 - 2 votes|
|Rate this game:|
|See also:||NBA Games, Sport Games|
Sony has once again proved its ability to develop fine sports titles. Unfortunately, it's apparent that the developers of this basketball game didn't have the thorough knowledge of the sport that made Face-Off and Came Day so good. The problems with NBA Shoot Out, while not numerous, are nevertheless extremely careless.
1) No pump fake on shots: A big no-no;
2) Too many offensive fouls--and sometimes in the wrong places;
3) No substitutions without calling a time out;
4) The computer will sub wrong players into wrong positions;
5) The game sometimes credits you steals even if you don't actually take possession of ball.
Overall, however, NBA Shoot Out looks beautiful and plays exquisitely.The motion-capture of the players manages to make them look almost real. And the color commentary, while not very extensive, adds flavor. Other nice additions are smarter rebounding A.I. and some nice pick anima-tion.Throw in a dozen or so dunks and an alley-oop where the commentator will tell you it's possible, and you have the makings of a fantastic game. It's just that the little mistakes transform what should be the perfect hoop sim into, well...just a nice basketball game, showing off the PlayStation's capabilities.
Download NBA ShootOut
- PC compatible
- Operating systems: Windows 10/Windows 8/Windows 7/2000/Vista/WinXP