The Wild Eight
|a game by||HypeTrain Digital, LLC|
|Editor Rating:||7.3/10, based on 2 reviews, 1 review is shown|
|User Rating:||9.3/10 - 3 votes|
|Rate this game:|
|See also:||Download Open World Games, Sandbox Games, Games Like Don't Starve|
Oftentimes, when watching survival films and the like, we find ourselves thinking about how we would have done a better job – and the Wild Eight game gives you the chance to prove this! Survive on an island that’s not quite all it seems out in the harsh environment of Alaska’s frozen tundra; the challenge might be harder than you realize.
What is the Wild Eight?
The Wild Eight is a top-down, polygonal game focused on surviving in the wilderness. The game is set on a typical, frozen Alaskan island, with characters fighting for survival after their plane crash in an increasingly inhospitable world. As the game progresses, new enemies and challenges are presented; these often become increasingly fantastical, which helps prevent the gameplay from becoming similar and repetitive.
In every part of the world, there’s something new to explore, and players need to stay alert and on the ball to monitor their own stats while looking out for enemies, challenges, and threats. Multiplayer is also available to cooperate with friends – there’s safety in numbers, as they say!
Rating and Similar Games
While the Wild Eight is a stunning game visually and offers a unique perspective on the normal survival game, we can only give it a rating of 6/10 owing to the bugs and server instabilities. Nevertheless, for players willing to work with this, the game offers an excellent playing experience that is certainly enjoyable overall.
Are you a fan of survival games? If so, then the Wild Eight could be a great choice to consider. This complex and visually stunning top-down survival game combines elements from many others for a unique experience.
It may not be everyone’s cup of tea, and at times the gameplay can get slightly slow as you try to meet your character’s basic needs. Moreover, the game does occasionally have complications when it comes to servers, and bugs can be a concern for some players. However, the inclusion of enemies getting ever closer adds a sense of urgency to the game that keeps things fresh and exhilarating overall, and makes for an enjoyable survival game to play alone or with friends.
- Gameplay develops and gets increasingly challenging throughout, so you’re kept engaged and on your toes at all times.
- The top-down graphics are visually stunning and often highly praised, despite their relative simplicity. This adds a level of involvement with the game that can be hard to replicate in instances where poorer quality graphics are used.
- Every grid has something to engage with, so players never end up exploring large expanses of uninteresting or empty world.
- Players can join up with friends in multiplayer mode to create a survival team, or otherwise play on a single-player campaign if preferable.
- The top-down design may not be everyone’s preference for games.
- At times, small portions of the game can become tedious while trying to meet the characters’ basic requirements.
- Past players have reported bugs and concerns with servers in many instances, so the game may not always be easy to play.
Download The Wild Eight
- PC compatible
- Operating systems: Windows 10/Windows 8/Windows 7/2000/Vista/WinXP