Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge
The first Castlevania on the GameBoy proved to be the most memorable. Soon, the sequel to the ever popular game will be coming out! The quest is in similar design to the previous cart. Though this time, the quest is larger, and there are more hidden items and bigger, badder bosses. Some characters are the same as well as new ones. And all the power ups are retained to make this the best cart yet!
This is about as good as an action game can get on the GameBoy. Those who are familiar with the original GB version will find A LOT in common with the sequel, that doesn't diminish the payoff of a game with rich backgrounds, detailed characters and fast-paced play techniques.
Don't expect anything new here. This isn't a sequel, it is a continuation of the first game. Virtually everything is the same. That's not bad as the first was such a great game. Players will ike this version as, like the first, the game play is great, as are the graphics and challenge.!
The second Castlevania adventure for the GameBoy is even better than the first. The graphics are top notch, the music is really cool and the game play is awesome with more power-ups, hidden rooms and special techniques than the first. One of the best carts available for the GB.
Castlevania 2 is marvelous, but short. Like a typical GameBoy game the graphics are nothing to write home about, but they'll do for now. The music deserves the same comment, but keep in mind that this is a challenging game! All Castlevania fans will love it! I did.
Download Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge
As the saying goes in Transylvania, "a vampire hunter's work is never done." True to form, the original blood-slurper himself, Count Dracula, just made sushi out of Christopher Belmont's first born and heir apparent, Soleiyu. Now Chris is really peeved. Get ready for Belmont's Revenge!
Quintuple Castle Mania
If you thought the original Konami black and white behemoth was a nightmare, wait 'til you get a load of part two! Not one but five castles contain evils unimaginable by mortal men. You must conquer the first four, Plant, Crystal, Rock, and Cloud, (in any order) before you raise ruckus in Drac's personal haunt. Just so you won't have to go to hell and back again in one day, a password is provided.
Each castle environment is suited to its name, such as the swampy organic settings in Plant and the wispy surfaces in Cloud. There are also plenty of traps and snares out to put the crush on Christopher, including grinding gears, counter-weighted platforms, and smashing spikes. Belmont can climb ropes as usual to avoid some of these and shimmy down at super speed in a pinch.
Whip Out Yer Weapons
Never foolish enough to walk the shadows without protection, Christopher's coffin-crushing arsenal is sharper than ever. His regular lash powers up to a rootin' tootin', fireball shootin' morning star. In addition, he can round up the Battle Axe or Holy Water and gather Hearts to drive them.
Whether it's roly-poly eyeballs, menacing mouth-cannons, or screwy skeletons, there are enough disembodied body parts to keep your whip crackin' and the bones snappin'. Also, watch out for bats, dark knights, boomerang bullies, and they-came-from-the-goop zombies. To make matters even gorier, at the end of each castle resides a you know what...
You gotta love the Castlevania series-it's filled with great graphics, terrific tunes, guts and gore galore, and it inspires some truly awful puns. "Stake" out your local retailer for Belmont's Revenge!
- Iron Doll is big, ugly, and easy. Make mincemeat out of him with the whip and run under his leaps and finish him off after he sheds his armor.
- Most spooks predicate their entrances with a quick warning, like peeping eyes in the wall or shadows in the river. Get the jump on them and strike first.
- Beat Kumalo and Nimbler's toast-and vice versa. Use your axe to block their blasts and score the kill at the same time.
- No serpent bothers Christopher Belmont, even if he is Drac's favorite pet. Watch for the rumbling of the ground and
- When you're scampering on fall-away blocks, forget about dispatching the bats-just keep moving and don't look down.
- You can continue at the half-way point of each castle, but the password only works after you terminate the fortress.
- Whip every block-you never know where a Pork Chop, Large Heart, or extra life might be hidden. Look for this 1-Up in Crystal Castle.