|a game by||Titus|
|Editor Rating:||6/10, based on 1 review|
|User Rating:||7.0/10 - 2 votes|
|Rate this game:|
|See also:||Action Adventure Games|
Unheralded and unexpected, Realm is one of the season's better SNES games.
You play a cyborg that leaps upward through trees, scales castle walls, and blasts every moving thing in sight with an array of futuristic guns. Don't let the simple shoot-em-up gameplay fool you: This is one tough game. In these four huge worlds, you face hundreds of enemies, bosses take forever to vanquish, and extra ammo and health are rare. Expect to start over frequently once you enter this Realm.
The colorful graphics show fine attention to detail and boast imaginative settings deep in the game. However, your cyborg and the enemies move pretty stiffly, and the annoyingly repetitive disco music doesn't fit in. Realm is a well-crafted throwback to Gunstar Heroes-style gameplay that will deliver a much-needed blast of excitement to bored SNES owners.
- Take out this Stage One statue enemy by jumping over the lit globes it throws and aiming for its head.
- Don't grab all the shields from the crystals at once; save some of the shields for when you've taken damage later.
- This tough flying enemy falls with you from the castle towers; stay between its bombs and rays, and then nail its body.
- PC compatible
- Operating systems: Windows 10/Windows 8/Windows 7/2000/Vista/WinXP
- Pentium II (or equivalent) 266MHz (500MHz recommended), RAM: 64MB (128MB recommended), DirectX v8.0a or later must be installed