Mission in Snowdriftland
|a game by||tons of bits|
|Editor Rating:||7/10, based on 1 review|
|User Rating:||10.0/10 - 1 vote|
|Rate this game:|
|See also:||2D Platformer Games, Download Pixel Graphics Games|
The Mission in Snowdriftland might just bring back some old memories when it comes to Christmas nostalgia. Indeed, very few games can offer quite the same level of Deja-vue from your childhood as Mission in Snowdriftland – and luckily, the game is now back available with all-new, revamped graphics and the like to meet the modern gaming world!
What Is Mission In Snowdriftland?
Indeed, first launched 15 years ago on the premise of an advent calendar style game, the Mission in Snowdriftland game is now back for a re-released version that’s sure to offer just as much fun and excitement for players who are able to complete the entire game before the end of the Christmas period overall.
Indeed, the Mission in Snowdriftland game is really quite simple: it’s your typical 2D platformer, with stunning pixel graphics and an overall retro feel about the game. Taking inspiration from other key titles from the platforming world, however, Mission in Snowdriftland is unique for its novel gameplay style; not only do you have to pass levels to unlock new gameplay, but you also get new experiences each day of December. It’s basically a gamer’s advent calendar – what’s not to love?
The game’s premise is pretty generic, as most platformers tend to be the case. Players are tasked with chasing El Pix, a villainous character responsible for stealing video game history artifacts throughout the game. As you progress, you’ll get closer and closer to catching this heinous video game criminal – and get the chance to explore a wide array of exciting worlds, complete with wacky enemies and allies throughout.
Rating and Similar Games
Overall, we give the Mission in Snowdriftland game an average rating of 7/10. Overall, there’s little to dislike about the game; with that being said, it’s a pretty generic platformer. The character designs ensure the game remains fun, but there’s little in the way of storyline to differentiate it from other similar platformer games.
As you might expect, the game is very similar to many other well-known 2D platformers, with the old Super and New Super Mario games being perhaps the most obvious choices.
Get in the Christmassy spirit with this fun and exciting winter title! Christmas in Snowdriftland is a simple game that will surely reignite childhood nostalgia for platformers – regardless of whether you had the chance to play the game originally.
Pros and Cons
- The stunning pixel art design makes the Mission in Snowdriftland game fun and cheerful – just as it is intended to be! In short, this game is an excellent option to kick back and relax with a low-stress, simple, and overall nostalgic wintery game.
- Though players are supposed to enjoy the game like an advent calendar, new features ensure that players can alternatively play the entire game in one sitting if they so desire.
- Wild and wacky characters throughout the game keep gameplay exciting and fun. Indeed, you never know which exuberant cast members you’ll meet next!
- The number of levels is limited to the number of days in a generic advent calendar (24). As such, once you’ve completed the levels, you may find yourself wanting more.
Download Mission in Snowdriftland
- PC compatible
- Operating systems: Windows 10/Windows 8/Windows 7/2000/Vista/WinXP