The Amazing Spider-Man
|a game by||Oxford Digital|
|Platforms:||XBox 360, Playstation 3, GameBoy|
|Editor Rating:||8/10, based on 1 review|
|User Rating:||7.1/10 - 13 votes|
|Rate this game:|
|See also:||Spider-Man Games, Retro Games|
Great news, Spiderman fans! Now you, too, can swing across the rooftops of New York City and go up against classic Spiderman villains such as Mysterb and Dr. Octopus. Better yet, you can take your adventures anywhere you go with UN's Spiderman fa the Game Boy!
Rescue Mary Jane!
Someone has kidnapped Mary Jane Watson Parker, wife of Peter Parker, who just happens to be your friendly neighborhood Spiderman. As everyone's favorite Web-slinger, you must battle your way through six treacherous levels of goons and obstacles to rescue Mary Jane. You'll fight across city alleyways, parks, and sewers. You even scale a pair of skyxrapers! If you're sharp enough to make it to the end of each level, you still have to face some of Spidey's greatest foes including the Hobgoblin, the Scorpion, Rhino, and Venom! Each villain has different powers and attack strategies, it's up to you to figure out the best way to defeat them with the least amount of harm to yourself.
Spectacular Spider Powers!
As Spiderman, you punch, kick, jump, and swing your way through the game. Of course, you'll have Spidey's famous Spider Sense and web shooters at your command. Shoot webbing to snare your enemies or to swing over their heads. You only have a limited supply of web fluid, but you can replenish your web supply by knocking down your enemies and picking up the web cartridges that they drop.
Spidey gets three lives at the start of each game. Keep an eye on your energy meter; you lose energy every time ' you're hit or shot. Lose all your energy and you lose a life. To replenish your energy supply, grab all the food items that appear. If you fail, don't worry. You can continue up to four times, and you get to start at the exact point where you died off.
Spiderman should be loads of fun for any Game Boy fan. The gameplay is top-notch, and the funky Spiderman theme is a groove. From the awesome start-up screen to the radical final blowout with Venom, Spiderman is excellent video fun!
- The Green Goblin awaits you at the end of Level 2. Position yourselt at the tip of the top roof ledge and kick. The Ereen Eoblin will fly into your kick each time.
- When Spidey's on the subway on Level 3, leap for the food on the ledges. Jump back immediately onto the subway or you'll be pushed oft the screen!
- When you crawl up a building in Level 2, crawl between the windows in order to avoid goons that try to hit you with baseball bats. Move to the side as soon as your Spider Sense starts llashlng-that means something's being thrown at you trom directly overhead.
Download The Amazing Spider-Man
Snapshots and Media
Playstation 3 Screenshots
- X2: Wolverine's Revenge
- Spider-Man Edge of Time
- Spider-Man: Return of the Sinister Six
- Spider-Man vs The Kingpin
- Spiderman: The Movie
- Spider-Man 2
- Spider-Man and Venom in Separation Anxiety
- Spider-Man and Venom - Maximum Carnage
- Spider-Man - The Animated Series
- Spiderman 2
- Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales