For those faithful fans who have seen their Genesis go from trusty to dusty, get ready: Vector- man is back in town, and this ball of fun just got better!
This sequel to the sleeper hit from last year is better than its predecessor in many respects. V2 has cleaner graphics, more sound and voice effects, and faster, smoother gamepiay. Add to this spectacular and complex levels, and you have the makings of a Sega classic.
Rendered, next-gen graphics (all the rage these days) are incorporated into this 16- bit title. Minor touches, like better light-sourcing, help make V2 a treat for the eyes.
It's not so much a treat for the thumbs, though. The game is tough, with steady shootin' throughout. However, its humor (like a lava level called Magma PI) makes the time pass quickly.
Vectorman 2 injects a little life into the slowly fading Genesis market. Don't move on to next-gen until you've given this last-gen title a shot.
Smooth rendering and 4 5 gorgeous backgrounds are offset by slowdown in some areas and a lack of detailed enemies. Also, you'll see variations on the same enemies over and over again.
It's a two-button game: 5.0 you shoot and you jump (and jump higher by tapping the button twice).
The sound effects are right on target, and now Vectorman speaks, with phrases like "Needed that" and "Yes!" interspersed throughout the game.
It's simple, mindless fun-just like the good old days. Vectorman 2 is the most addicting Genesis game this year...and it may be one of the last, so enjoy!
- These tough tree bats are hard to kill, but they yield short-term shields.
- Use your jump to destroy enemies. When they get caught in the blast from your boots, they're toast
- In A Night in the Swamp, the snails are tough, but if you shoot quickly you can destroy them without letting them get off a shot
- In Fired, scorpions are good kills. You acquire their form and become invincible for awhile, which enables you to walk on the lava.
- To beat this boss In Level 17, walk below him and shoot up and at an angle. You'll avoid the shots he tosses at you, and you'll easily score direct hits on his weak spot (the mouth).
- In Tank You, aim the gun turret up slightly to lob mortar shells into valleys. This will eliminate any sneaky enemies waiting below you.
- In Shout and Twist, you must compensate for the air drag caused by the massive twister in the background. When jumping, always push forward.
Download Vectorman 2
Vectorman cleaned up on the Genesis last year, and at E3 Vectorman 2 looked ready for a repeat. This time the Earth's toxic mess spawns a mess of mutant insects, and the V-Man's recruited for run-n-gun pest control. This 32-meg action/adventure game will again showcase Sega's cool vectorpiece animation technique as Vector- man busts a bunch of new morphs, including the Chute, the Skate, the Tank, the Tornado, and the Rhino. Sega's also about to announce another "Play to Win" contest this year for the first gamer who beats Vectorman 2. That means mucho bucks!