NFL Quarterback Club 32X
|a game by||Acclaim|
|Editor Rating:||8/10, based on 1 review|
|User Rating:||9.0/10 - 2 votes|
|Rate this game:|
|See also:||Football Games, NFL Games, NFL Games, Sport Games|
Now the Lombardi Cup can belong to the Cincinnati Bengals, the Atlanta Falcons, or any other traditional NFL doormat. Cellar-dweller football fans owe this fantasy turnaround to NFL Quarterback Club. But if you've already played the Genesis and SNES games, you probably don't have to rejoin the Club.
ProTip: A good sack-producing defense against most teams is the Medium 4-3 OLB Blitz. Position the defensive ends outside the offensive tackles at any angle straight to the quarterback, then control one of the ends.
All the Way in One Play
This version of QB Club retains the regular football season and the 32-game historical simulation modes, but it loses the Quarterback Challenge skills contest, which, though uneven, arguably gave the Club its personality.
However, you still get all 28 NFL clubs (just the team names and not the players). Every team is crafted according to its real-life counterpart's actual 1994 stats, but that hardly matters because, as in the 16-bit games, you can ferret out a handful of plays that make any club invincible. If you like scoring 90-plus points on the Cowboys or the Niners all the time, you'll love this game!
The 32X graphics are just sharper versions of the 16-bit games with only two notable new looks. The behind-the-offense views get a much- needed downfield perspective.
Also, a tough extreme close-up view enables you to zoom in on holes during short-yardage running plays. The zoom also nicely supplements the great replay cam, which enables you to rerun plays forward and backward to isolate any part of the field.
The sounds, unfortunately, get lost in the stands. The minimal repetitive effects do nothing to lend excitement to the game, and the music is clean but forgettable.
Losers into Winners
Here's your chance to do an A1 Davis impersonation and make the NFL do whatever you want. If you already own the Genesis game, however, you don't need this 32X game.
- Block that kick by calling a 6-2 Man Rush defense during extra points and field-goal tries. Control the lineman to the right of the center. At the snap, press Down-Toward on the directional pad and hit Button C to burst in on the kicker.
- To pass with a high number of completions, perfect the Long Pro Set Double Cross Pass.
Download NFL Quarterback Club 32X
- PC compatible
- Operating systems: Windows 10/Windows 8/Windows 7/2000/Vista/WinXP
- Game modes: Single game mode
- Up, Down, Left, Right - Arrow keys
- Start - Enter (Pause, Menu select, Skip intro, Inventory)
- "A" Gamepad button - Ctrl (usually Jump or Change weapon)
- "B" button - Space (Jump, Fire, Menu select)
- "C" button - Left Shift (Item select)
Use the F12 key to toggle mouse capture / release when using the mouse as a controller.