Pokemon Randomizer Nuzlocke
|a game by||Nick Franco|
|Editor Rating:||9/10, based on 2 reviews, 1 review is shown|
|User Rating:||7.2/10 - 37 votes|
|Rate this game:|
|See also:||Pokemon Games Download, JRPG Games, Randomizer Games|
If you’re passionate about a certain game or genre, hours of gameplay can quickly get old without a little help. Many streamers and gamers quickly find new ways to entertain themselves by creating rules or variations of the game to make it more challenginging for themselves. If you see someone talking about a Pokemon Randomizer Nuzlocke—it’s not a new exciting game, it’s a challenge on an existing one.
To perform this, you’ll need your favorite Pokemon game, as well as a mod to completely randomize the Pokemon you get. (Hence the randomizer part.) The most common way to randomize the game is through the Universal Pokemon Randomizer. To make it a Nuzlocke challenge, you’ll then restrict yourself even more.
Rules can vary depending on you, but the most common rules for the Nuzlocke challenge include:
- You may only collect the first Pokémon you come across in each new wild area. With the game randomized, you really don’t have any idea what you’ll be getting. It could be a basic normal Pokémon, or something completely wild—who knows.
- If a Pokémon faints, it’s dead to you. You may never use it again. Just think of it like Minecraft Hard Mode. If you mess up, you lose it entirely. This definitely makes the game a lot more challenging, but also a lot more fun.
- You must nickname all Pokémon
The goal is to make it feel like something meaningful happened when a Pokémon dies. Players typically gloss over the loss of a Pokémon with so many to choose from. Naming them helps focus on that individual. There are variations on these rules, such as allowing yourself a single resurrection or keeping ‘shiny’ Pokémon, but these are entirely up to you. Since challenges like these are self policed, there’s no one to tell you what makes it a proper challenge or not.
In this case, a randomizer Nuzlocke is a variation because you are doing both a Nuzlocke challenge and modifying it farther by randomizing it.
How to survive a randomizer Nuzlocke challenge
Survival depends largely on the luck of the draw. You may get an awesome Pokémon, and you may not. Your best shot at winning a randomizer Nuzlocke challenge is to purchase a lot of Pokeballs and Potions, and make heavy use of them. You’ll also want to grab every ‘free’ healing potion you find along the way, since you’ll be leaning on these heavily to get through the challenge.
If you love Pokémon but are tired of romping through the world, a randomizer Nuzlocke challenge may be just what you need to spice things up again. This is a truly great way to challenge yourself. If you’re new to Pokémon you may want to hold off on this challenge until you’ve gotten the basics down, but if you’re looking for a new way to show off your talents—this could be it.
- A fun challenge for those bored with vanilla Pokémon
- Can be done with any Pokémon game
- It’s really hard
Download Pokemon Randomizer Nuzlocke
- PC compatible
- Operating systems: Windows 10/Windows 8/Windows 7/2000/Vista/WinXP