If you've played NBA Jam T.E., in essence you've already played College Slam.
Slam trades the stars of the NBA for nameless college players, and it doesn't add much. Alley-oop dunks and player substitutions are the only notable new features in this two-on-two hoop-dupe.
Fortunately, Slam uses the same game engine as Jam, so the fast passing and furious dunking remain untarnished. Graphically and sonically, you get nearly identical sprites, animations, and sound effects as Jam.
If you're a freak for college ball, and you like arcade-style sports, this might be your ticket. But those who know the pros of NBA Jam won't be conned by this collegiate clone.
- Play rough: the computer will sub early if you injure the other team.
- If you're being double-teamed, tap Boost to clear out the opposition with your elbows.
Download College Slam
- PC compatible
- Operating systems: Windows 10/Windows 8/Windows 7/2000/Vista/WinXP
- Game modes: Single game mode
- Up, Down, Left, Right - Arrow keys
- Start - Enter (Pause, Menu select, Skip intro, Inventory)
- "A" Gamepad button - Ctrl (usually Jump or Change weapon)
- "B" button - Space (Jump, Fire, Menu select)
- "C" button - Left Shift (Item select)
Use the F12 key to toggle mouse capture / release when using the mouse as a controller.
College Slam? More like College Sham. Although the game plays well, it's nothing but NBA Jam in a new package. Slam offers two-on-two action with 44 college teams. The game features "boost" instead of "turbo," as well as "fire" when your player makes three consecutive baskets. Sound familiar?
SNES owners received a much cleaner graphical version of Slam, and it's even more disappointing to see the exact same dunks, passes, and knockdowns that appeared in NBA Jam. Even the sound bites are reminiscent of Jam, with the announcer saying "From off-campus!"
If Jam is your favorite game and you love college basketball, Slam's a match made in heaven. If you already own Jam, though, there's no need to buy the same game twice.
- If you're double-teamed while driving toward the hoop, pass the ball out and shoot a three.
- Pick a team and stick with it to learn its sweet spots.
It's 2 - 2 basketball emulator. It is possible to play a single match, tournament or season. The action on the pitch is dynamic enough, special rules to obey are not required, and special focus on the contenders is not needed as well. On the pitch you may find useful things for strengthening your basketball player. The number of game settings, including the editing of team line ups is accessible.