|a game by||Positech Games|
|Editor Rating:||7/10, based on 1 review|
|User Rating:||8.0/10 - 4 votes|
|Rate this game:|
|See also:||Simulator Games, Strategy|
Democracy 3 is an intricate simulation game that lets you run an entire virtual country right from the comfort of your own home. There's nothing quite like it, but if you've played any popular grand strategy games like Crusader Kings 2 or Civilization then this political simulation game may pique your interest.
Visualizing an entire country
Democracy 3 does a great job of visualizing the workings of an entire country through the use of a unique user interface. It’s very intricate and provides detailed information about everyone in the country you could think of. You can know their income, motivations, desires, as well as connections to political parties. It’s a very sophisticated interface that provides so much more information than you could ever imagine. Politics are complicated but Democracy 3 does a fantastic job at linking everything together in a game that’s quite possibly one of the best political simulators out there.
Making the perfect country
Democracy 3 is about trying to solve a country’s problems while not getting voted out of power, which is challenging but certainly doable. In order to do this, you’ll need to make adjustments to policies and laws that’ll make the country better as a whole but also win people over so that they vote for you. There are lots of things to consider while playing Democracy 3 but the user interface will help show you the connections between certain policies and voters so you can work out the best plan of action for making your country the best it can be.
Support from the modding community
If the game isn’t enough by itself, it’s super easy to add mods to the game that change the way things work and make things more interesting for you. You can find a complete modding guide on the website for Positech Games if you’re keen to know more.
An entire political environment is incredibly difficult to simulate but Democracy 3 does as good a job as possible to give you an authentic experience of running a country. It's by no means perfect, but I'd recommend you download Democracy 3 and try the game for yourself if you've ever thought you could do a better job running a country than most presidents.
- A neat user interface that presents information clearly and is relatively easy to navigate
- The complexity of the game is incredibly impressive and great for those that like dealing with numbers and figures
- Surprisingly funny with various humorous situations to encounter along the way
- Very easy to mod and has plenty of DLC, meaning there’s no shortage of content for players to enjoy
- If you have no knowledge of politics, you likely won’t enjoy or understand the game much at all
- It’s a very complicated game that some players might find difficult to wrap their heads around
- Political simulations are never perfect, so certain situations end up being unrealistic and not at all how they've played out historically in real life
Download Democracy 3
- PC compatible
- Operating systems: Windows 10/Windows 8/Windows 7/2000/Vista/WinXP