Ravenfield is a first-person shooter game, which allows players to control the battle plan. It was created by a Swedish programmer, Johan Hassel, under the SteelRaven7 pseudonym. Players are in control of the battle plan, AI, scale maps, weapon vehicles, that gain the players advantage in the battlefield, and also during combat.
What is Ravenfield about?
RavenField is influenced by First-person shooter games like Battlefield 2 and Star Wars: Battlefront 2. The finished product is meant to be the foundation of the game where the players have the freedom to produce their own maps, guns and vehicles. So, the game focuses on wide scale maps, and vehicles based fighting with the various teams, in control of the stronger spawning points of the vehicle, which leads to having an advantage in the battlefield. The gameplay is designed in a manner so everyone can understand what it is about and learn the skills as they go. Ravenfield involves multiple player team game modes that are centered upon taking checkpoints by destroying the enemy team and earning the most points. Its layout is more like a style of Battlefield, with Blue vs. Team Red. Being a single player game, you fight side by side with the AI team and try to secure leverage over five capture points on the mainland. The main aim is to defeat your enemy team by scoring 200 points.
Raven Field vs. Battlefield
Even though the Raven field is influenced by first person shooter games like Battlefield 2 and Star Wars: Battlefront 2, but the mods available in Raven Field are not found in Battlefield. The older Battlefield games are not even sold or accessible on Steam and Origin. Ravenfield is similar to Battlefield in the layout of the game, in the objective of the game.
- Easy to learn, first person shooter game.
- Allows players to engage in a fight as an army, or in land vehicles, planes, or watercraft.
- Incorporates the dynamic ragdoll physics to add tactics, methods to control the AI.
- The number of fighters is constrained only by what your PC can manage.
- The splatters of the blood of the wounded soldiers’ drop team colored make it easier to indicate where the battle took place.
Pros of Ravenfield
- The gameplay is easy to understand.
- Includes battlefield and combat missions.
- The AI opponent gives a good challenge.
Cons of Ravenfield
- The AI sometimes get stuck.
- Some bugs need fixing.
- Repetition of having the same vehicles, weapons to fight with.
Ravenfield is a very interesting shooter game inspired by Battlefield. The teams are of two colors, either Blue or Red. The game requires several modifications to be done, as the team members are blocky, one color shaped, which can make playing the game boring. Otherwise, in the words of the creator, what began as an experiment with ragdolls and AI, turn out to be an interesting game. On a scale of 1-10, this game would be an 8/10.
- PC compatible
- Operating systems: Windows 10/Windows 8/Windows 7/2000/Vista/WinXP