Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League
|a game by
|Rocksteady Studios Ltd
|8/10, based on 1 review
|9.0/10 - 4 votes
|Rate this game:
|Action Adventure Games, Action Games, Third-Person Shooter Games, DC Games, Justice League Games
One of the biggest new names in gaming, Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League was made by the creators of the Batman: Arkham series, and takes the notable step of veering away from the series’ usual themes in that it no longer features Batman as the sole protagonist. Rather, the characters we all know and love are now the main playable characters, allowing for an exciting gameplay experience overall.
What is Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League?
Set in the same universe from the Batman: Arkham series as previous games, although no longer following Batman’s adventures, Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League features the members of the Suicide Squad teaming up to complete a covert mission.
The goal of the mission is not immediately clear to our protagonists; however, the ante is upped very rapidly when the player is presented with the real mission: to save the world by taking out both the Justice League themselves and stopping the Brainiac, who has been brainwashing them.
Rating and Similar Games
Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League is definitely a delightful game that’s well worth praise, and with this in mind, we give it a 9/10. The long production time (it was announced that the game was being developed back in 2012) is certainly a drawback, although this can be seen from the quality of the graphics.
Though the game doesn’t follow a similar plot to the previous titles, it is nevertheless very similar in feel and design to the other Batman: Arkham titles. The most recent of these was Batman: Arkham Knight, which was released in 2015 and was, until now, the series’ biggest installment. However, Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League likely takes that title as the biggest series name.
Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League is one of the biggest new titles, and is a novel genre-bending action-adventure game that a large number of players who enjoy the Suicide Squad film will be able to get behind. The exciting gameplay, coupled with stunning graphics and an open-world design, makes this an undeniably exhilarating and fast-paced game.
Pros and Cons
- Stunning graphic design as the result of a very long production time.
- The storyline is fast-paced and continually changing, keeping players on their toes and ensuring that there’s always something new going on.
- Four-player cooperative multiplayer mode inbuilt into the game so players can enjoy the game’s experience along with friends. However, this is not necessary, and there is also a standard singleplayer mode too.
- Players can choose to play as any of the four playable characters from the Suicide Squad: Harley Quinn, King Shark, Deadshot, or Captain Boomerang.
- The fast-paced gameplay may be a little too tricky for some players, especially owing to the open-world nature and complex missions.
- Players who are unaware of the Suicide Squad film may struggle to follow the plot of the story moreso. Furthermore, previous fans of the Batman series games may dislike the switch away from the titular main character.