|a game by
|IRIS VR Inc.
|8/10, based on 1 review
|10.0/10 - 1 vote
|Rate this game:
|VR Games, Cyberpunk Games
VR is rapidly becoming more and more advanced in our modern world, and with this in mind, you may have wondered about the incredible experience that it can offer. This is something that the LOW-FI developers must have wondered, too – as they put their all into developing an astonishing game that would provide a new level of immersivity and pushes the realms of possibility within the VR field.
What is LOW-FI?
What is the LOW-FI Game? Players take the role of a sheriff, watching over Cityblock 303 in this retro-futuristic game. To make things even more problematic, this particular area of the city is riddled with crime, and it’s your job as such to ensure that things continue running to plan.
However, how you go about this is completely up to you; in fact, the entire world of Cityblock 303 is yours to explore and play as you like, giving players a great deal of freedom throughout the experience. This non-linear play style allows players to make the most of every setting, building, and shape the gameplay to their personal preferences.
Throughout the game, players associated with other “LOW-FI” humans who didn’t have the necessary technology to ascend into the virtual world along with the rest of mankind, along with a wide selection of robotic characters of human intelligence (or less). This makes for a unique feel to the game and really adds a sense of unease.
Ever felt like you don’t belong? You will. So, just one final question then stands: are you a good cop?
Rating and Similar Games
Overall, we give the LOW-FI game a rating of 8/10. Indeed, this game is an incredible title that genuinely makes the most of all VR opportunities while remaining playable for non-VR players as well. The only criticisms we have are the brightness of the colors which make long gameplay difficult.
Though different in tone, the game has a very similar feel and style as CYBRID, which is also set in a cyber, vibrant future city world.
Overall, LOW-FI is a masterpiece game that takes VR and pushes it to the very edge of its limits. The stunning graphic designs couple excellently with the excellent character design and city scape, giving a dystopian and unnerving feel overall that’s just right for this cyberpunk style title.
Pros and Cons
- The LOW-FI game features stunning graphics that are sure to immerse the player in the overall feel of the world while exploring Cityblock 303.
- The vibrant color schemes and futuristic feel to the city further support this overall sense that something’s not quite right, giving the game that wonderfully unnerving dystopian feel.
- The unique character design ensures that every NPC feels genuine and natural as if they were real entities – even if we can’t completely describe some as “human.”
- Virtual reality is a rapidly developing field, but the team at IRIS VR Inc. has pulled out all of the stops to make the most of this incredible technology through the LOW-FI game.
- If VR isn’t your thing, or you don’t have a VR headset, the game can also be played as normal.
- The non-linear style of the game makes it a little tricky for some players to follow the story.
- The bright colors of the world, though fitting, can be a little too bright for extended durations, which may make gameplay a little uncomfortable for those who prefer longer playing sessions.