Mega Man - The Wily Wars
There are lots of things that you remember fondly about your childhood but likely won't be able to completely recapture as you age: for instance, plopping down to watch Saturday morning cartoons with the original Dunkaroos you swiped from the pantry or experiencing the joy you got from your first pair of light-up speakers. But when you pick up Mega Man: The Wily Wars, you can transport yourself right back to sitting cross-legged in front of your Sega with your sibling begging for the remote as you enjoy a good old game of Mega Man.
Mega Man: The Wily Wars is a part of a Sega collection game with 16-bit remakes that let you enjoy the thrill of your favorite side-scroller with original, nostalgic levels to be unlocked at the end of the trilogy. In fact, this game is the original game found on the cartridges that were only released in Europe and Japan.
If you were in the United States, it was harder to find. Now, you can play Mega Man: The Wily Wars in an updated way with the 16-bit reimagine that brings back all of those memories to let you play in a more modern fashion complete with more difficulties, challenges and levels than ever before.
As if Mega Man knows that you've grown up since the first time you sat down to play the game, Mega Man: The Wily Wars presents you with harder bosses than those you were once familiar with while still giving you the chance to take on Copy Rock and Copy Robot with a little more challenge than before. The famous glitch that let you shoot and pause to get multiple hits on the bosses has been written out, so you won't get that experience of exploiting the game in this way.
Pros of Mega Man: The Wily Wars
- Superior color palette enhances gameplay
- New and old levels to enjoy
- Upgraded bosses give you classic battles with harder challenges to overcome
- Beautifully detailed backgrounds and sprites take advantage of the new color palette
- Game-save capabilities after fighting every boss that weren't available in the original game
Cons of Mega Man: The Wily Wars
- New hitboxes take some time to get used to
- The music isn't as great as it was and can be considered a little underwhelming
If you loved the original Mega Man, you're going to love Mega Man: The Wily Wars, no matter which of the Mega Man games you loved as a kid and in spite of what could be considered the simple flaws of this game. It brings you all of the elements you love from classic console gaming and delivers the nostalgic feel of side-scrollers in a brighter, more visually appealing way to suit your developed gaming tastes over the years. Hunker down with a Hi-C Ecto Cooler and get to gaming like the old days with Mega Man: The Wily Wars.
Download Mega Man - The Wily Wars
- PC compatible
- Operating systems: Windows 10/Windows 8/Windows 7/2000/Vista/WinXP
- Game modes: Single game mode
- Up, Down, Left, Right - Arrow keys
- Start - Enter (Pause, Menu select, Skip intro, Inventory)
- "A" Gamepad button - Ctrl (usually Jump or Change weapon)
- "B" button - Space (Jump, Fire, Menu select)
- "C" button - Left Shift (Item select)
Use the F12 key to toggle mouse capture / release when using the mouse as a controller.